Saturday, March 14, 2009

A lil Ketchup

Let me first start by apologizing for not updating regularly; The lack of updates doesn't stem from me not paying attention, it's from me paying too much attention.
In my drafts, I have 3 or 4 posts in the works that were meant to be as long as that first one. But with all the goings on in the social media world, everything can't be given that kind of length- at least not yet.
Anyway, here's some ketchup.

Okay, I promise the next post won't be about Twitter. It's just hard not to write about it; Twitter is the hot newness.

A few weeks ago, Twitter turned down Facebook's 500 mil offer. The many people (me included) think Twitter did this because it has great potential as a real time search tool. Searching Tweets by keywords and #hastags to get a real-time snapshot of opinions as they're formed could be a tool Twitter's not ready to put up for sale just yet. While Twitter keeps working on their search functionality, users are finding their own ways to use Twitter. Social Media guru Waynesutton uses Twitter via Tweetgrid to watch basket ball games by running searches with the team names, score is, and other tags to get a real time reporting of the game while people watch and Tweet about it. I think this kind of innovation is a great idea and hope to see more things like this developed by users and Twitter in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment