Thursday, September 10, 2009

A Late-Night Comeback

While in the process of writing a post on how working with social media in affects your own personal involvement with social media, I decided to take a break as I had been on the computer all day for work. And as irony would have it, there the draft sat, cold and alone for almost a month now while my jobs left me feeling a little blogged-out by the end of the day. But alas, a comeback post, of sorts!

Although this post (and lack of other posts) is a pretty good answer to 'how does working with social media affect your own person use of it?' I have stayed relatively active on Twitter, and very active on Facebook (which correlates nicely with my little use of FB for work). For those who don't know, my work was a summer internship for a PR agency with mostly health care clients, and managing social media campaigns for two restaurants. The PR agency had me doing a LOT of blog monitoring, which could be a possible excu- I mean, reason why I haven't been so avid in my postings. (thought I did post here last week) Also writing for the restaurant blogs, though not super frequent or lengthy, probably also deterred my own writing a little.

All excuses and reasons aside, this blog will be a little more active from now on, even if that means the occasional skimpy post (like this one). I'll also be moving this on over to WordPress. I've got plenty of ideas for posts, a lot of them relating to our digital lives and how they intermingle and overlap with our offline lives. I feel like this blog thus far has been mostly on social media and not so much our digital lives, so this will provide some refreshing content! I've also read a lot of great content from some awesome bloggers (mostly that I've connected to through Twitter), so they've been an inspiration for me to blog more, and blog better.

I'm looking forward to posting more frequently, and getting some good conversations going.

No comments:

Post a Comment